|Upcoming Programmes - International Anti-Corruption Summer Academy 2012|
"Practice meets Science"
Curriculum: IACSA will offer a wide array of lectures from the fields of ethics, psychology, economics, political science, sociology and law, catering to all sectors of society. It will also offer two round tables on thematic anti-corruption issues.
Professional experience can be substituted by a level of studies or junior professional engagement which clearly demonstrates the potential of the applicant to bring added value to IACSA 2012 from a newcomer perspective, as well as to use the knowledge acquired to maximize his/her impact on anti-corruption research and action. In addition, non-native English speakers must present a certificate of English proficiency.
Certificate: Upon completion, all participants will receive an IACSA certificate.
Application Process: CLOSED. All applications shall be submitted using the online application form. The application period will open on 1 February and close on 15 March - extended to 26 March, midnight (CET). Please note that when you click on APPLY NOW at the top of this page, you will be asked to register with IACA in order to access the application form.
Applicants should attach their Curriculum Vitae, colour passport photo, proof of English proficiency and, on a voluntary basis, two letters of reference to this form. Applicants may only apply in their personal capacity. Please note that companies, organizations, authorities, and the like cannot apply on behalf of their employees, members, etc.
IACA will directly notify applicants of the status of their candidacy by 15 April 2012. IACA seeks to ensure a fair balance of the selected applicants based on education and professional experience. It also seeks to ensure fair geographical representation, fair gender balance, and a reasonable class size for IACSA 2012.
Tuition Fee: The tuition fee is approximately 250 Euros. (This amount constitutes 20% of the full tuition fee. Siemens, as part of the Siemens Integrity Initiative is funding the remaining 80%).
Non-Tuition Fee: The non-tuition fee is approximately 970 Euros. This fee covers, among others:
• costs for accommodation (9 nights in a three-star hotel including breakfast)
Selected applicants will be informed about the final fees upon notification of their admission to IACSA 2012.
Location: IACA, Laxenburg, Austria, plus excursions within the country.
Language of Instruction: English. For more information, click here.
Travel between Place of Residence & Laxenburg: Please note that the participants are responsible for making their own travel arrangements in order to reach their respective hotel or IACA.
Accommodation: All participants will be accommodated in single rooms (breakfast incl.) in the three-star hotel “G&K” in Guntramsdorf. The hotel is located in a vineyard region 15 km south of Vienna and 5 km from Laxenburg.
Scholarships: IACA will offer scholarships for IACSA 2012 to cover tuition and non-tuition fees for participants from Least Developed Countries (LDCs) on a competitive basis and in order to increase participation from this part of the world. The scholarships are funded under the Siemens Integrity Initiative. For this purpose, IACA refers to the list of LDCs, published by the UN Office of the Representative of the Least Developed Countries (UN-OHRLLS). Please refer to this list to see whether your country qualifies as an LDC: www.unohrlls.org/en/ldc/25/
Insurance: IACA does not accept any responsibility for the medical insurance of participants regarding their travel to and from IACSA 2012, or for costs arising from accidents and/or illness incurred during IACSA 2012. Citizens from countries outside the European Union should consider medical insurance if their country does not have a reciprocal agreement for free medical treatment with Austria, the seat state of IACA. Obtaining a medical insurance and covering its costs is the selected participant’s sole responsibility.
Visas: Participants who require a visa for Austria must contact the Austrian diplomatic or consular authorities and apply for a Schengen short-stay visa well in advance prior to their intended date of arrival in Austria, the seat state of IACA. In countries where Austria does not have a diplomatic or consular representation, visa applications can be submitted to the consular authority of a State Party to the Schengen Agreement, acting on behalf of Austria in the country concerned. Obtaining a visa and covering its costs is the selected participant’s sole responsibility. Failure to obtain a visa does not exempt the participant from his/her payment obligations as described above.