Dean of IACA
(2012 – present)
At its first session on 30 November 2012, the Board of Governors unanimously elected Martin Kreutner as IACA’s first Dean.
The Dean is responsible for the day-to-day management of the Academy and its substantive programme. He is supported by the IACA team, and reports and is accountable to the Board of Governors.
The Dean’s powers include (Article IX, IACA Agreement):
- Representing the Academy externally
- Ensuring the proper administration of the Academy, including human resources and financial management
- Preparing the work programme and budget of the Academy for consideration by the Board and adoption by the Assembly
- Implementing the work programme and budget
- Submitting to the Board annual and ad hoc reports on the activities of the Academy, including an annual audited statement of the Academy’s accounts
- Proposing the establishment of cooperative relationships in accordance with Article XIII (Cooperative Arrangements) for approval by the Board
- Coordinating the work of the Academy with the work of the Parties to this Agreement and other international and national institutions, agencies and networks as relevant taking into account the relevant recommendations and guidelines of the Assembly and the Board as well as advice from the International Senior Advisory Board and the International Academic Advisory Board
- Entering into contracts and arrangements on behalf of the Academy and negotiating international agreements for consideration by the Board and approval by the Assembly
- Actively seeking appropriate funding for the Academy and accepting voluntary contributions on behalf of the Academy in accordance with the relevant Board strategies and guidelines as well as the financial regulations
- Undertaking other assignments or activities as may be determined by the Board